Oct 21, 2009

Challenge #2: Make & Take tags

ETA.: you have all day today and tomorrow to complete any of these challenges/questions, so stay calm and just have fun!

This challenge is all about cute tags! All you have to do is create a gift tag and then post it in an online gallery, flickr, your blog and make sure to include a link in your post, so that I can find it! Easy enough right? But here are a few ideas for making fun little tags out of things you probably already have in your stash!

Chipboard Flower tag
For this tag, I sewed together left-over chipboard shapes. You could overlap and glue the shapes together too. Create a little collage using a piece of fabric, a stamp, flowers and a journaling tags, and a piece of yarn for tying!

Ballerina Gift tag
This is my favorite tag! Gather a small collection of buttons, preferably with the same color tones, and sew/glue them onto a tag. Glue a piece of ribbon over the buttons, add a leaf or flower and a small children's toy and glue together using a strong glue. (E6000 or Aleene's Original Tacky glue.)

Small Scraps
I love to use little pieces of different items; flowers, tickets, photo negatives, ribbons to make a 'scrappy-chic' tag! Try adding some spray paint to a journaling card and then layering different textures together, chipboard, crackle paint, fabric, paper scraps.

Have fun and remember to post a link!!


Christina said...

Here's my link: http://theelephantandthebutterfly.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

P.S. I hope I made it in time! I'm going nutso right now, lol, with party preps and had to take a photo with a camera ... send it to my e-mail ... etc. etc. etc.


iMotylek said...

We had lunch time and nap time routine right after you posted the second challenge so I got to it as soon as I could. Hope it's not too late. And thank you for giving me the push to finally make a tag for Bella's baby book. I love brighter colors and rub-ons.
here is the link:

Ilil Ziv said...

Thank you for this supper fun challenge.
Here is my tag:

GretaB said...

Tara, your tags are pure art! I struggle with this kind of thing, but I gave it a try: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7491197@N03/4040232247/

Danielle said...

Great tags ladies & Tara too :D OMG that little ballerina one with the buttons is how-so-cute!!!!

Lissy said...

Gorgeous :)

Beth Perry said...

sooooooooo creative!!!!!!!!!

judy said...

Well, Tara, I have never done this but for fun I went to flicker and put on a little tag I made for my new 7 Gypsies photo display. I love this party.It took me so long to set it up I probably could have made some more tags. I love everyone's stuff.http://www.flickr.com/photos/myteatime/

Marie said...

Those are all so beautiful! I will be making mine tonight.

Chris said...

Loved this challenge - I finished it this morning when the light was better and I could match colors. thanks for the challenge and here's mine

Amy said...

Your tags are to die for! I really want to try the ballerina tag... I actually have some of the ballerinas that I had in a cake as a child. How fun!
I ended up using the tag that I created on a layout... you really inspired me! Thanks for the great blog party Tara!!

Alicia A said...

Heres my tag:


Beth Perry said...


Here's mine!

Marie said...

Ok here is my tag...pls forgive the ugo pic but it is 1030 pm here in california lol!


thanks for the inspo doll!

Mexx said...

ooh girls love your stuf so much and so one tag i just love th most..and scraplift him in my style hope you like thanks for the inspiration you gave us...http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=192261&user_id=5898
thanks you again

I Should Be Cleaning Up said...

So pretty! I love your quirky eclectic style - it's very cool :)