When we have overnight company, I love serving individual breakfast foods in small cups and tiny saucers. It reminds me of something you might have at a bed & breakfast. I combined 2 of my favorite breakfast items, yogurt and granola, to create a fall inspired yogurt-parfait. Hope you enjoy it!!
Pumpkin Spice Granola Parfait
1/4 cup wheat bran
4 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup raisins
1 Tbls. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbls. vegetable oil
*ginger snap cookies, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. mix together, in a large bowl, rolled oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, sliced almonds, and pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, vanilla, apple sauce and vegetable oil. Pour over the oat mixture, and mix until coated evenly.
4. Pour an even layer onto 2 prepared baking sheets, and bake in the oven for 1hr + 15min. stirring about every 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and stir in the raisins.
**NOTE** the granola will harden as it cools and not while baking in the oven. Trust me, you won't want to over cook the granola!! :)
Wait until the granola has cooled completely. Spoon yogurt into cups and add a small amount of the Pumpkin Spice granola on top. Finish the parfaits by adding a sprinkle of crumbled ginger snap cookies to the top.
*Other ideas for add-ins to granola: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sweetened flaked coconut, oat bran, flax seeds, wheat germ or dried cranberries. Because there are so many variations you can create by just using a basic granola recipe, you're sure to find one that fits your taste perfectly!