Dec 5, 2012

Let it simmer, Home Fragrance recipe

Right now, you are only 4 ingredients and about 20 minutes from having a house that smells absolutely splendid this holiday season! I like to fill a little pot of this mixture put it on the back burner and let it simmer throughout the morning while we're getting ready for the day. About 30 minutes later my home smells warm and spicy just like a home should and that cinnamon smell will linger on into the evening... Yum!


Holiday Home Fragrance

 3 or 4 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp whole cloves
 the peel from one orange
 4 cups water


Combine all ingredients into a medium pot and place on the stove. Let the water come to a boil and then turn down temperature to just a simmer. Remember to check the water level from time to time and fill when necessary. 





I love simple pick me up's like this one and it's one from the 31 Things list I made for the month. The house still smells like cinnamon and orange tonight as Chase and I sit here playing the last game of Bingo before bed time. Now it's off to squeeze in a little scrapbooking time - I really need to get started on that December Journal I had planned! 

Thanks for stopping in tonight! ~ Tara

1 comment:

j. wilson said...

my mother always did this at Christmas time. Made the home smell delicious! Before I lost my sniffer Iwould do this too. Now I just burn the pan and Jeff asks me why the casa smells like burnt orange peel. :)