Jan 21, 2010
I Heart Valentines Day
For my Bad Girls Blog project this month, I wanted to take a break from paper and use some of my favorite crafty products. Paint + Clay + Cookie Cutters = cuteness! I thought about lots of Valentines Day themed projects, but making magnets to hang some of our favorite Valentines Day cards on the fridge would be fun!
Here's what you'll need to make these Conversation Heart magnets:
strong hold glue ( E6000 )
1. Roll out clay to about a 1/4 inch thick.
2. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes in the clay, and transfer to a covered baking sheet.
3. Use the stamps to create words on the clay hearts.
4. Bake clay according to package directions.
5. After the clay hearts cool enough to handle, add paint to the letters. Use a damp paper towel to remove any extra paint.
6. Once paint had dried, glue on a magnet to the back of each heart.
Alaina and I want to try using pink and red clay for our next set of heart magnets. It's the perfect rainy-day crafty project. Hope you enjoy the tutorial!!