Mar 28, 2011

a little bit of this & a little bit of that

a glorious end to the weekend.



Alaina was on Spring Break this past week and me, well I was still in recovery mode. Recovery is such a pain, no lifting anything over 5 pounds, so that takes care of kids, little dogs, groceries... no pushing grocery carts, no exercising, and no vacuuming. I miss picking up Chase, when he sees me in the morning he'll run towards me and I'll catch him, lift him into the air and then he giggles and hugs me tight. It's so sweet and I miss my morning hug. I miss vacuuming too. I'm one of those weirdos who will vacuum a couple times a day because I like seeing the vacuum lines in the carpet. :) 5 more weeks, got to make it until then!

I've planned out my menu for the week. Has anyone out there been planning a weekly menu? Have you ran into any bumps in planning? With me, there is at least one day a week that I get stuck and cannot think of anything to make. nothing. It's usually the last day of the week and I just run out of momentum. I'm kind of thinking that maybe I should try a new recipe on the last day of each week? That might work!! So, here it is, Monday's Menu: (and it's actually being posted on a Monday this week - sometimes I surprise myself too!!)

Monday:
Organic Tomato Soup
Grilled Crab & Cheese on Wheat Sourdough (think grilled cheese, except imitation crab and jack cheese. it's a favorite of mine whenever I visit Florence Oregon and this little coastal cafe for soup and sandwiches.)

Tuesday:
Mandarin Chicken Rice bowls with peas, green onions, water chestnuts and cashews
Roasted Zucchini

Wednesday:
Fish Taco's
3 Bean Salad
Honeydew melon

Thursday:
Garlic Chicken with Farfalle Pasta
Caesar Salad
Cantaloupe

Friday:
Cobb Salad
Garlic Naan Bread
Peach, Nectarine Blueberry with mint salad

Saturday:
Grilled Petite Steaks
Caprese Salad
Honeydew melon
french bread

I spent most of the weekend working and taking breaks to play outside. It's so nice here. Warm and sunny.. I suppose that is the draw to Arizona, our weather. It's perfect picnic weather! I need to put that on the to-do list again soon because you can never have to many Spring picnics!! and I'm working on something big at the moment, I'll leave you with a sneak-peek tonight! :))



I'm calling it an semi-early night. I stayed up way too late last night watching the NatGeo channel. There was a new show-special on Egypt and I couldn't turn the tv off. Darn that channel, it gets me every time! good-night all ~

4 comments:

cinnibonbon said...

Hi

recently found your blog--I think it's just lovely!!!!

Best wishes

Tink said...

We do weekly menus too. It cuts down on waste... and brain power. I try to have a couple of fallback ideas in the freezer (either something I've made double of, or good chicken nuggets and fries, etc) for nights that don't go as planned. And when I'm putting together the weekly list I try to think of something I can do with bits I didn't end up using on a fallback night. So a stir-fry, or. . . well, usually a stirfry!

jamie said...

yes. we do weekly menus. everyone depends on them now. i just get afraid of getting into a rut. but at the same time it has to be simple as we are busy. busy. love looking at what is on your menu. it inspires.
hoping you continue to feel better.
~j

Meghann Andrew said...

Praying that you recover really quickly! I love meal planning. It makes life so much easier for me. Lately, I've been selecting one of my cookbooks and choosing all my meals out of it for the week. It means that I don't have to remember where a recipe came from!