Jun 20, 2011

guest designing + Crate Paper

I think this month has been one of my busiest yet! Thankfully, it's almost over! I was asked to be a guest designer this month at Skissedilla - sketch blog.




I have this layout hanging in my studio right now, it's kind of inspired by the confetti packets I made for Crate Paper's wedding week. Who knew little paper circles could be so inspiring!

I also decided to host the giveaway for the sketch challenge as well ~ a little handmade & vintage embellishment kit, because everyone could use a little something extra!




On the Crate Paper blog today, my very first Crate DIY project has just been posted! Alaina and I got crafty and made a few Art display boards for her room, complete with tiny vintage tart-tin magnets. It's a fun summer craft project to try and it could be completely versatile! I plan on making another larger one for my kitchen pantry - to post the menu plans for the week and other lists.








whew!! I think that covers today's events. I have a whole day of apts. and errands and then a little dinner party to host this evening. Busy indeed - Happy Monday!

18 comments:

Danielle said...

I've been having Tara withdrawals eheheheh :) OMG those little magnets are so darling!!!! I need to make some of those <3 ADORABLE!!!!

I miss you so much sweetie xoxo

Ester Durães said...

those circles are lovely, Tara! & what a gorgeous kit, I love those butterflies!!

Grethe said...

LOOOVE your little magnets!

Lea said...

I love when I see your post highlighted in my google reader. Your crafting always inspires Tara. Theses little magnets are divine. add that to my ever growing 'to make list'. Have a great day!

Susan said...

What an adorable project and I love the layout!! You are so talented, thank you for the inspiration.

Nicole Austin said...

that is a great project! i saw it over on the crate paper blog. i would love to do fun, crafty things like that!

Bonnie said...

such cute projects!

*fauve* said...

How cool,the circle layout is very inspiring.And those magnets are adorable...Thinking about making something with cupcakes.

xoxo

Melissa said...

Hey now, where are y'all getting these tart tins at such a low price that you can just make magnets out of them? I've been waiting for the day I could find the tools for making such tarts! :P

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I just found your blogspot. I am overwhelmed. What beautiful designs.
I love the project shown with the little tart tins. Great inspiration to share with my little grandchildren.
I also loved the Scrapbook design and have entered my first page..Thanks for the fun and inspiring loveliness.

Felicitas Klink said...

wow, congrats. love this tut. your styleis amazing :) xo Felicitas from Germany

Blossom inch said...

love those craft projects and what a beautiful layout. Thanks for sharing!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow!!! Such incredibly gorgeous work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janea aka Naya said...

I love the colors of your work, it has such a distinctive look and feel to it. I can always tell when it belongs to you.

Just Us said...

Love that page---been hoarding circles for awhile so I know the feeling :0)

129twigandvine.com said...

I recently bought 20 vintage tart pans at a yard sale in a little Vermont village and had another idea in mind for them, but may need to do this project with a few other them. Hot pink shining out from crimped metal just looks so good. Thanks for the inspiration. Sue

Fräulein Pilzrausch said...

Wow , love your tut and love your blog! Like to follow you :) and see more...! Thanks for sharing
greetings the frl.pilzrausch

And U Jest said...

Love your work... would love to win some of it!