Nov 3, 2012

Sweet November - Pumpkin Maple Panna Cotta

Good morning! Thanks so much for joining me for the 3rd day of our Sweet November week! This morning's post is something just as sweet and perfect for a entertaining since so many of us will be welcoming and cooking for guests this holiday season. I love making Panna Cotta because not only is it fairly quick and easy, you can also make it the day before and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator - giving you more time to spend with friends and family and less time fussing over dessert on the stove. 

Pumpkin Panna Cotta is the perfect dessert to accompany any Fall dinner party!


Pumpkin Maple Panna Cotta

Ingredients:

2 cups whipping cream 
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
1 .25oz package of powdered gelatin
1/3 cup half & half 
maple syrup

Directions:

1. Pour half and half into a small bowl and stir in the gelatin powder. Whisk to blend. Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes to soften the gelatin.

2. Pour whipping cream, sugar and pumpkin in a heavy bottom sauce pan and set over med. heat. Pour the gelatin into the pumpkin/whipping cream mixture and whisk until gelatin has completely dissolved. Bring to a full boil, stirring continuously for 1 minute.

3. Remove from heat and pour into individual ramekins or custard dishes. *When it's just Peter and I, I tend to use ramekins because if the custard doesn't invert nicely - no big deal - it's just us. When company is over, I don't take any chances and will use custard glasses - still presents well and is just as pretty to look at!*

4. Cool the ramekins with custard until at room temperature, When cool to the touch, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight before serving. 

5. When ready to serve, unmold custard from ramekins by running a knife around the side of the ramekin to loosen. Place a dessert bowl or plate over ramekin and and carefully flip ramekin upside down to unmold. 

6. Drizzle maple syrup over Panna Cotta and enjoy!


Try serving this Panna Cotta with a Chai Spice tea. I loved how the flavors mingled with one another - spicy tea with a sweet creamy dessert - Yum! 




I have an extra post coming a little later today, but first I fell slightly behind on updating Etsy yesterday as I had planned, so I apologize if you were checking in! I have plans to spend a little time today playing with the new features on Etsy as well as my shop. 

Thanks for joining me on your Saturday! 

1 comment:

vintage girl at heart said...

This looks yummy It looks so simple & elegant.
I just ordered from your Etsy shop!
I have been patiently stalking it for months now after seeing your lovely creations while blogging.
Happy Fall!