I was asked to be a guest artist this week, but as a gift-wrapping guest artist! Fun right!! I wanted to post part of my guest post on my own blog, since gift-wrapping ideas have been my most asked question lately.
Here's a few of my tips & ideas for holiday gift wrapping:
*decide on a color scheme to use for your gift-wrap
* Instead of ribbon, try using a long strand of handmade paper garland.
* Use a handmade pom-pom in place of a bow.
* Use Glue Dots Craft Dots to attach your layers together, they're small and very sticky!
* To make a quick and simple gift box, use a natural Kraft box and add a small white paper doily to the top. Next, take 3 or 4 various lengths of ribbon, lace and or trim, and layer one on top of the other. Sew down the center of the ribbons to secure. Place the ribbon bundle on top of the gift and add a plastic snowflake on top, followed by a large handmade pom-pom. Use the yarn from the pom-pom to wrap and tie all around the gift.
* Look for non-traditional items to use for gift-wrapping, like flocked wall paper, clothing pattern tissue, large hand cut butterflies, rolled silk flowers, cards of buttons and my favorite, small clothes pins!!
To see the rest of the interview and guest post, check out this blog post. I still have just a few more gifts to wrap this weekend!!