Dec 8, 2010

Red, White & Pink

I'm here :) I've just been.... lurking... can I say that if it's my own blog? I kept meaning to pop in and say hello... but I've been a little rushed these past weeks. As much as I love the holidays, I kind of wish it could just slow down. This past weekend Peter and I started the tedious task of unpacking all of the Christmas boxes..... I've accumulated quite a bit of stuff, but I love it all!! Alaina helped me decorate our living room tree and Chase said "oh wow!" with each unwrapped ornament. I love how excited they are with the holidays.



This Christmas needed a little something different.... and I didn't want to do any shopping for new stuff. (I know, gasp!) So, I've decided to use different shades of pink mixed with my usual red and white. It's oh so lovely and yet still traditional.

I have most of the presents already wrapped, with the exception of a few ornaments. I love wrapping small box presents... so many possibilities with a small package!!








What have you already checked off of your to-do list? Decorating, shopping, wrapping? A little of each? Don't forget to slow down and have a cup of tea and a sugar cookie!!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I always LOVE your color combinations and the pink, red and white ornaments look so beautiful together :)

OMG I wish I had my presents wrapped up...I've been done for a while now, but I always wait until the last possible minute to wrap the gifts ehehehhehe :) It is on my to-do list for this week, so hopefully I can get to it eventually :D

Natasha said...

I'd love to have a present wrapped by you! I normally leave it to the last minute and my best intentions come to nothing! Maybe one year!

NicNacManiac said...

Just to catch a glimpse of your inspirational wrapping makes me giddy!! Your home must be magical!
Hope you are feeling better and enjoying the Holiday season!! xOxO

j. wilson said...

the pink & red is gorgeous and you can totally lurk. lurk away! and now i think i am going to be dreaming about that coffee milkshake that is linked within...looks tasty!

Alicia said...

I just finished my last exam last night! I am finally a college graduate! Woohoo! So now I can focus on Christmas!

Your photos definitely put me in the decorating and gift wrapping mode!

Monika said...

i thought I was done decorating except it looks like my daughter developed allergies to our real christmas tree so we will have to re-decorate that... I am so sad about that - for both - the tree and B.
I think we will wrap presents into some left over fabric we have. I am so excited about that. i will take lots of pics ;-)