Jul 7, 2010

a morning update

so sometimes when the going gets tough, the tough needs to get a second opinion from one of Arizona's best voted doctors... (that's what the plaque on her office wall said. ;) and she was a very good Dr.! good job AZ!

I use to think that when the going get's tough, the tough get creative. But no,.... that's not it. Getting a second opinion was a much better idea than sitting around scrapbooking this morning.

The good and the bad... another surgery scheduled for Aug and hopefully this will be the last of it! It's been 2 weeks tomorrow from the last surgery and I just need to wait another 4 to head back to the cancer center for the next operation. 4 weeks...... to twiddle my thumbs..... maybe a quick trip to Sedona? to try and keep myself preoccupied with....scrapbooking? 2 highly energetic children? of course I have some assignments due and a house that is never as clean as I would like. I guess I have plenty to do between now and then.

and speaking of scrapbooking that is exactly what I have on the schedule for today! Yay! I haven't made anything since before the surgery, so I'm kind of excited to sit down with some paper and my sewing machine again!!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm glad you were able to get a 2nd opinion with a better doctor :) WOW,...4 weeks does seem like a lot of time to wait - but I'm sure your little ones will keep you busy (mine sure do!). I can't wait to see what you do with the paper and the sewing machine ~ your creations are always impecable and I'm anxious to see them!!!!

Big Hugs sweetie and I'm thinking of you :) xoxo

Joanna said...

I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best. 4 weeks will go by faster than you know it.

Can't wait to see your new stuff!

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

So glad to read your update, Tara. I'm praying for you, Girly!

Have fun gettin' crafty! :)
Dawn

Unknown said...

Well, if it helps, you any your post before the surgery inspired me to get my mamagram (that was over due). I am surprised by another surgery. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Julie from CT. Oh ya, almost forgot, we are heading to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite the 13th of July. Knowing how much you love Yosemite...any last minute suggestions? Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't worry about the house...it's summer, too hot to do any work. Can't wait to see what you scrap. Have a blessed day.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you - I understand about the wait, I'm terrible about waiting, well, for pretty much anything!

Enjoy the scrapbooking... I should do that soon. I feel like I have so much in my head I should be documenting right now so I don't lose it. I keep finding reasons not to though... must stop that.