Jul 22, 2011

it's Friday!

I'm home. Back to my tiny casa in the desert. We arrived home on Monday and I was just telling a friend today that I always go through a readjustment phase when I return home. I've cleaned, dusted, mopped, purchased a new vacuum cleaner, rearranged the furniture a couple of times, hung new/old artwork and reorganized my stuff again & again just for the sake of needing to get reacquainted with my space. Does anyone else do this?



While we were at my grandparents house I found a couple of milk glass dishes. I adore milk glass, I cluster different shapes and sizes together to organize my collections. The small dish type bowls are my fav, oh and the pedestal bowls too! I have a tray on my dresser for jewelry and another tray full in my craft room.



(I'll take some more detialed photos of my craft space as soon as I have some better lighting!)

I made my sister take me to one of her favorite antique stores in Florence where we came across someone's vintage bird collection as well as some nifty cameras. I walked away with 2 phesants, a vintage Kodak Brownie and this vinatge Revere movie camera. Cute isn't it! It still makes the noise of the old films when you turn the dial. :) It's the little things in life that make everday special and interesting!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I have a serious milk glass collection/obsession. And I completely understand getting reacquainted with your home.

KraftyBuns said...

Love the milk glass dishes, and I can't wait to see more photos of the room!
Brittany

marianne-g said...

For a second there I thought you were talking about Florence, AZ. I was getting ready to to there but then I realized you meant Oregon. Love your blog by the way.

Dawn said...

love that beautiul milk glass :) was just wondering when your etsy shop will be restocked?