Jul 7, 2011

Paint Challenge

It's my turn again to post a challenge on the entreArtistes Magazine blog this month! I have been bitten by the paint bug, lately, when it comes to scrapbooking, so I knew I wanted to do a challenge that involved paint! So for my challenge, which is really simple, is to use paint to write your layout title.




I mixed together a few shades of acrylic paint in white/cream/sand shades. I like using lighter shade as my base. I tend to keep adding more layers of paint until I get the right consistency of texture and then I use spray paint. I love high contrast pages and it's hard to make a mistake with paint. Just remember you can always paint over something you don't feel belongs.



Oh and I also made a sketch! It's my first attempt at trying to make one on the computer rather than hand drawing one. I tried. :) Happy scrapbooking!

5 comments:

Sarah Martina said...

This is gorgeous, Tara... I'd love to try this! :)

Brenda said...

Brilliant! I'm hoping to get in some scrappy time this weekend so maybe I'll try this out. Love your page!

Susana Tavares said...

Love your painting :)

Danielle said...

Great sketch chickarolla!!!! and OMG that layout ROCKS - LOVE/ADORE your painted title (I've always loved your handwriting) and that picture of Alaina is absolutely adorable xoxo

MAPY said...

Cette page est absolument superbe, bravo.
MAPY