Jul 26, 2011

Food talk: 7-26

Funny how Monday's seem to fly by. It's likely because our Mondays are most peoples Sunday, it's our family/errands/laundry day. So, while I would like to keep my menu's on track for posting every Monday.... it rarely happens. Tuesday is fast becoming the new Monday. :)
Menu Outline for 7-25



Weekly Menu

Monday:
Chicken Linguine w/ Pesto
Watermelon
Garden Salad

Tuesday:
BLT Cobb Salad (w/ turkey bacon)
Grilled Naan Bread
melons with strawberry's & mint

Wednesday:
Lemon & Herb Fish Cakes
Romaine Leafs with Salad Shrimp & Avocado
Couscous
Honeydew melons

Thursday:
Grilled Strip Steak
Spinach Salad w/ strawberries, red onion, feta cheese and pan roasted sourdough croutons - poppy seed dressing
Roasted Baby Potatoes w/ herb spread

Friday:
BBQ Chicken Salad (tomato, roasted corn, avocado, black beans, grilled chicken)
Watermelon
Berry Lemonade

I haven't thought of anything yet for Saturday's dinner. Sometimes when it gets this hot out, it's hard to be interested in food and we end up eating alot of salads and sandwiches. Things that are easy and light... and generally simple. While I was in Oregon, I found some of my grandmother's & great grandmother's hand written recipes that had been saved all these years. My grandmothers family is German, so a few of the recipes were for things like Sauerkraut Cake and lots of Sourdough recipes. I'm determined to find and recreate at least one of the recipes this week. :) Wish me luck and happy start to a good week!

2 comments:

Colette said...

Love how your weeks menu sounds especially the spinach salad, yum, right up my street. After a very long weekend (celebrating my daughter's birthday) it's simple, low fat, unprocessed food all the way!

Unknown said...

i love what you did with polyvore! now im starving.... but inspired!