May 29, 2009

Placemats, part 2

a quick post, with mostly photos. I've found that I'm much better at showing someone how to make something, rather than trying to explain it. It's most likely because I tend to learn more that same way. Here are a few photos of a placemat I made yesterday.

1.I gathered a bunch of pages from some magazines.



2. Then fold the page in half, about 3 times.



3. you'll need about 20 folded strips of paper and they don't have to be exactly the same width.



4.I used a long piece of tape to hold the edges of paper together. It makes sewing them together easier.



5. Once you've sewn along both edges of the place mat, carefully remove the tape, and continue sewing down the length of the placemat.



Hopefully the photos will help explain the process a little better! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this idea! Thanks so much for sharing!!! :)

Amber Zimmerman said...

Thanks for the pics! Love this idea. =) I would've never thought it would be so easy.

NicNacManiac said...

Fantastic idea, these are as colorful as the rest of all of your enchanting creations!!!! Great tutorial...you rock :)

Unknown said...

thank you thank you thank you ! now I understand !! yes yes yes ! it's soo great ! thank you ;-)

rainbow lisa said...

i think this is the most wonderfullest idea ever... i can't wait to try, and i'm so happy you started blogging again ;)

Shannon said...

What a great idea, thanks so much! I've been talking about your blog on my own blog lately.. how I love the ideas etc. And today I gave you a blog inspiration award.. check it out..

http://cre8yourself.blogspot.com/

Monica said...

I absolutely love this idea. I posted about it on my blog... was it really that easy?? Great work.

KC said...

GREAT IDEA!