Aug 1, 2010

a guest for Simply ATC

Just wanted to share something fun tonight! My friend Angie has started a brand new challenge blog called Simply ATC. It's all about inspiration and making little ATC's and then getting to trade them with other ATC enthusiast's. There's even a Flickr Group, just for the ATC's everyone has created. Sounds cool right!?!

So, when Angie told me the first challenge was going to be inspired by Tim Burton's, Alice and Wonderland, I couldn't say no! This very first challenge is all about Alice's' pretty dresses, and Avril Lavigne's song 'Alice.' (Alaina and I listen to that song for hours while I created all of my ATC's! :))

I decided to make 4 ATC's total, although you only need to make one to swap with :)) I can get a little carried away when I like what I'm creating!! For these first 3 cards, I was so in love and completely inspired by the red & black dress Alice wore.

The Queen



The End



Wonderland



This last card was a half and half. I loved one of Alice's blue dresses, but I also wanted to incorporate Avril's song. After much wishy-washiness and rearranging, I finally decided to write down some of the lyrics to the song, and tuck the little note in a pocket made of tulle.

just pretend



If you have a chance, you'll have 2 weeks to create one Art card, play along with us!! I'll be trading one of my messy-sewn-little-art cards with someone special at the end of the 2 weeks. :)

6 comments:

Danielle said...

OMG those ATC cards are GORGEOUS!!!!!! The colors, the sewing, the richness of them = PERFECTION :)

I'll have to check out Angie's site!!

Diane B. said...

yowza! those atc's are seriously miniature works of art! wow! love them all! i am jealous of the lucky peeps who get them!

Shay said...

Your ATC's are incredible and look like they would be so much fun to touch. Thank you for also introducing me to Simply ATC!

dani said...

I think that last one is my very fav! Love them all though.... *swoon*

MaraMay said...

Complete "Tara eye candy" here. I <3 them, every one of them. They're delightfully delicious.

angie backen said...

oh sweet tara... i love you. and your cards. like... lots. :)
thank you so so much for being our first GD! (and for showing up all of us. teehee.) ;)
i'm crossing my fingers that i draw your name to swap with. is that wrong? LOL

xoxo