Dec 1, 2009

Tis the Season



my newest Elements D'Art creation for the Bad Girls Blog!! I'm reposting the project here, because typepad doesn't like my photos.

Every year on black Friday, I make my way over to the local Hallmark store to pick out the perfect holiday ornament for our gift exchange. This year, I brought along my 5 yr. old, Alaina, to help with the decision. She promptly found the display of Advent calenders and absolutely had to have one. Being the scrapbooker that I am, none of that commercial stuff would do and I started dreaming up cute ideas for making our own calendar this year!

I decided to make our calendar using a small 2 ft. Christmas tree that we're going to display as our table centerpiece. All 25 of our day ornaments are made using super cute Sassafras Paper Whimsies and Sassafras Paper Flowers. (They look like they were made for this project!!) I collected extra items for embellishing each card like; jingle bells, toy candies, tinsel, glitter, snowflakes, stickers, toy wreathes, flowers, trims and small pieces of lace. There are so many cute little items that could be used, and most likely already in your stash!



Next, you'll start by embellishing each card and layering the paper flowers to together. ** To make the sugared clothes pins, just paint small clothes pins a neutral color and sprinkle glitter on. This was the perfect little project for Alaina, and it kept her occupied while the glue was drying!!**





Once all of the cards are embellished you can print a page of numbers, or search through your stash and use stickers! I glued and sewed each of the tiny numbers onto a card/flower using an all purpose glue. I recommend Aleene's original Tacky Glue.



I used a bright pink a red ribbon as garland for our tree. It also made it a little easier to clip all of the date cards too. Alaina can't wait to start adding each card to the Christmas tree and we hope maybe this project will be something you can share with your own little ones! Happy Holidays xo~ Tara




ps. my crafty friend Angie had the wonderful idea of making a card each day starting with today all the way up to the 25h. I think that would be a great-fun evening craft to do with kids!!

6 comments:

Joanna said...

That is beautiful!

Toni said...

Totally cute!! Thanks for sharing

Danielle said...

OMG Tara....you always have the greatest ideas!!!! This is so beautiful :)

bethchien said...

I love it sooooooooooo much!!! I am making you today daily inspo!

http://www.facebook.com/notifications.php#/pages/Dirty-Laundry/133384366501

cheryl said...

absolutely amazing! love your stuff (and your blog!)

Jackie said...

are those sassafras journaling cards? which collection are they from - they are so cute :)